It's quite possible to spend a lot of money in Govinda. There are always more diamonds, and always more things you can buy with the diamonds. You can also convert the diamonds into gold, by either selling them on the auction house, or buying runes with them and selling these on the auction house, or so-called trash stats. There are many options. However, you can have as many diamonds and gold and shells and energies of justice and token coins as you want, you might still not have fun. Of course, the definition of fun is different for everyone. As you know, one of my ideas of fun is statting items, which clearly is not something that everyone enjoys. I have no fun killing things, which clearly makes some parts of this dangerous world difficult for me.
Fun is a mind set, though. If you get it in your head that you're bored, then you're lost: there's nothing that can be done that would make you not bored. You'll have to let go of the idea of boredom. Here are some ideas:
- Join /world, which is the inofficial chat channel for everyone. Here there are often ideas of things you can do.
- If there are open groups, and you feel you can contribute, join them. Don't expect to get gear, don't expect to stay alive. Just see how things are going.
- There are ways you can broadcast a message every so often asking people to join your group. Run this, and see who joins.
- If you're interested in roleplaying, you can join /RP which is the roleplaying channel. Most of the time very little happens there, but it is a way to identify events.
- I personally have fun to just go to a place where you might see other people, and just healing them/buffing them.
Also, this is an excellent post to add your own ideas. I'm curious.